Thursday, December 01, 2005

What...December Already???

I can't believe we are already in the last month of 2005. Holy cow...

So I was thinking last night, that I have totally arrived in the small town life of this community. I could really tell yesterday becasue when I went to the pharmacy, I saw not one, not two, not three, but four people I knew there. Then I left and drove past two more people I knew on the road who honked and waved. Then later in the afternoon I went to the grocery store and there were two people who worked there who smiled at me and said it was nice to see me feeling better. Then I went to the chinese restaurant to pick up my lunch (a place I have not been in two months) and when I walked in the door, they greeted me with my name and said it was good to see me. Then, perhaps the saddes occurence of the day...I walked into the Dollar General (it's the only store in our town) and the lady told me about their preferred shopper day coming up...I am now a preferred shopper at the dollar general. So I'd like to thank them for selling me cheap toilet paper and for giving me the opportunity to get yet another 25% off because I am loyal to their business.

There is something charming to the small town way of life though, I will admit.

No comments: