Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Rachel, This Is Your Life...

Didn't there used to a be a show where they would have someone come on and then say, "This is your life," and flash back a bunch of scenes from their life with voices and people from their past??? I might be making up a fictitious show, but if there were such a thing, my life could have definitely qualified for that show last night. My Aunt and Uncle come over for dinner with my Grandma and Grandpa. Always a good time! We sat around the table talking over the events of Christmases past and enjoying each other's company.

I had also found out earlier that day that a good friend from grade school and high school was in town from Oregon and we seem to making it a habit of getting together for our yearly Christmas catch up sessions. The plans were set for me to get together with two of high school friends later that night at a local bar. We met there and had a great time talking and catching up...laughing about old times...and telling stories from our time away from each other. During our conversation I mention to them that I had just found out where another friend of ours from high school (a girl I had known and been a dear friend to, for almost my entire life) was working in the area. As we sit around the table beer in hand, my friends pull out the cell phone and we 411-ed her place of work. Sure enough, she was working. I hadn't seen this girl in nearly 2 years, maybe more. We made plans for her to meet us at my parent's house after she got off work. Soon we were all sitting around my kitchen table with a bag of White Castle talking and laughing.

It's nice to catch up with old friends. I think it reminds you of where you came from. I don't think we see how much we've changed, and yet in some ways stayed the exact same, until we see our past. I'm thankful for the opportunities I've had to be with people I love over this break...and I know the fun is just beginning...TODAY I GET TO SEE MELISSA!!!! : )

3 comments:

greigfam5 said...

Hey Regae Rachel
Glad to hear that you are having such a fab time over the holidays. But I am insanely jealous over the White Castles!!!!!!!!!!!

melthedce said...

belly bombers... I totally know why your stomach hurts! I had so much fun with you tonight! I love you rae rae and am so excited we get to hang out again tomorrow!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the PJs! I tried calling but your phone is stupid!