Thursday, December 01, 2005

Go ahead laugh at me...I do!

So last night I was overcommitter with is usual in my life. I had to finish writing our SS christmas program, cook dinner, practice my flute, go to choir practice, pick up my front room, and have a meeting with my friend (to discuss the SS christmas program and eat the dinner I had prepared) Two funny things happened because I was a little scatterbrained...

1.) I overflowed my kitchen sink. I put the plug in it with some stuff, and then started the water. For some reason I thought it would be ok for me to walk away because I was sure I would remember to come back and shut off the water...Yeah...I forgot...water everywhere...EVERYWHERE. silly Rachel

2.) When I returned home from Choir practice I tossed the bread that I had in the oven for it to warm up and walked away...thinking that it would be ok...I smelled smoke so I went into the kitchen and saw flames coming from the oven...no, seriously there were huge FLAMES coming from my oven....apparently something had fallen to the bottom of it and started on fire. ha. I haven't set anything on fire in quite some time. good thing I caught it.

I guess the elements were just against me last night. ah well.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

wow. oh no...i can't believe the bread caught on fire. good thing the kitchen was all wet...things don't burn as fast that way.
But yes, I did laugh at you!