Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Long Time...

So it's been a few days since I last wrote. I could name many excuses...I've been busy...I didn't have anything I really wanted to write about...my computer powercord was locked in my friends car in Nashville and I had to wait for the Fedex man to deliver it. Anyway I've been absent and if anyone has been distraught or upset over my lack of writing, I apologize.

My office has been closed the past couple days and I have taken the opportunity to get a little work done, and work on some stuff around the house. I bought a christmas tree...sure it's a fake one, but it's a christmas tree nonetheless. I also moved my furniture around a bit, which meant carrying a very large sitting chair downstairs all by myself. I am giving my living room a much more "conversational" feel.

Hmm...let's see...anything interesting...hmm...STL was fun. I enjoyed seeing the family, actually being on the winning team for Trivial Pursuit, and taking one very long bath.

I returned to SO.MO on Saturday for a wedding. That too was fun. I enjoyed the reception with some guys that would be a part of the GLBTSO club at Wash U if they were there (dad...I added that just for you to see if you are reading this!) They were fun to hang out with! Then on Sunday we built our float for the Christmas Parade. Also very fun.

Monday I had the chance to hang out with a youth that sometimes comes to my church. It really made me look more closely at my life. God has totally blessed me with sooo much. Anyway I've been all contemplative about stuff lately because of it. Sometimes I just want to take people and make their lives better, but I know that I can only do so much and that can be frustrating for me. I just have all this compassion that wells up and I want to wrap this kid up and take away all the pain that has been caused in their life and fill it up with good things. Maybe God has put me in her life to be a small part of his goodness to her. I just pray that she can learn to trust me.

Well...that's about all for now. I know this has been kind of scattered, but I guess that's how my brain has been lately. I hope all are well!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

you should put up pictures of the new living room.

And I completely understand the scattered thing...I can't seem to sit still and get anything done well these days. But the apartment is slowly becoming Christmas-ified...although there isn't much furniture to rearrange right now. it'll have to do! and I was way too cheap to buy a fake tree...i just have little ones (for a grand $24)

Rachel Ehrhard said...

My fake tree only cost 35 dollars...it's 6 1/2 feet baby!

wahoo...let's hear it for Walmart~