Monday, December 12, 2005

What to say, What to say...

The last 3 days have been so jammed pack full of stuff. I don't even know what to write about and share here in my little blog world. So I'll just go with the thing that made me the happiest.

Yesterday I took some kids from my youth group shopping. We adopted two families from the Salvation Army to help this Christmas. I made gift lists for the kids that we were shopping for and yesterday split up my youth group and let them loose in Walmart to do the shopping themselves. This is the 4th year in a row that I have done this with a youth group and I am always so impressed with the kids. They really do a good job with their budgets and finding great stuff for the money I tell them they can spend.

There's something great about helping someone who needs it, but I think there's even something even more amazing happening when you equip the youth to do it, and watch it happen. I was really proud of my kids, and I won't lie...it gave me an all around good feeling.

I haven't asked anyone for anything this Christmas, I am having too much fun helping other people...so if you're out there, and you were thinking about giving me something for Christmas, I give you full permission, ask you even, to take me off your list and fill that spot with someone who wouldn't get anything this Christmas unless people outside of their immediate family and friends stepped up to help. Call the Salvation Army, or find an Angel tree. There are a lot of kids out there that will go without this Christmas...wouldn't it be neat if we all found a way to help and bring a smile to an unsuspecting child's face!

No comments: