Thursday, November 03, 2005

Krispy Kreme is Taking Over The World!!!

Am I the only one in the world that doesn't like Krispy Kreme??? Today as I walked into the local grocery store, my mind set on getting a little milk and cereal, I "happened" to walk by the bakery section. This is the only Bakery section in my area that still had fresh donuts. To my shock and disgust the bakery counter has been removed and instead of the smell of fresh delicious dounts and counters filled with goodness there was a new cart wheeled out to the middle of the floor with KRISPY KREME. I know that Krispy Kreme have been the downfall of many a men and women...but I don't really care for them, especially the ones that have been sitting in a box and were delivered to their destination 3 days ago.

I remember going to the donut shop with my grandmother every morning of the summer to eat a chocolate long john and listen to her and the other old folks go over the local gossip and read the death notices. Soon there will be children who have no idea what it's like to go to a real donut shop. They'll be Cookie-Cutter Children who only eat glazed donutes covered in sugar...no old fashioned, no cinnamon twist...NO LONG JOHN....

Ladies and Gentelmen...PLEASE support your local donut shop.

No comments: