Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's Carpet People!!!

This has got to be a record or something, 2 posts in 30 minutes, but I had to vent and if you can't vent on a blog...where can you vent???

The church I work at got new carpet a couple months ago...these peopel are OBSESSED with this carpet...I mean I'm surpised some of the old ladies don't follow me around all day to make sure that I don't drop anything on it...

The other night after our huge halloween community event these people were mad that there was dirt on the carpet. Hello we just had 400 people from the community come through our doors...of course there's dirt, and that's a good thing...it means there have been people here!!! We want people here...

And now the president of my EVANGELISM committe came in and asked if we could not have kool-aid for kids anymore because it might stain the carpet...

sheesh.

So I said to her...well what if an old person with a shaky arm gets some coffee and spills it on the ground...are we going to take away coffee???

It's carpet...it gets dirty you clean it...I'm gong to go spill something purple on the ground and pretend like I didn't know who did it...that'll show them.


1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You know you are doing good youth ministry when people are yelling at you! At least that is what Mike Yaconelli used to say!
So you had 400 people come through for trunk or treat??? I want to know about it!