Friday, November 11, 2005

The UPS Man...


The funny thing about the UPS man that delivers to our church (maybe I've blogged about him before) is that he talks ALOT...way more than me! It's like a scene from a movie when he comes in...both of us try to hide becasue if you dno't you'll be trapped in an unwanted conversation forever. So whenever he comes into the office the secretary and I try to keep him from talking to both of us...today I was on "listener" duty. Here is the information I gleaned from the one sided conversation today. He likes delivering packages, almost as much as I like getting them, and He's a storm chaser and very much looking forward to the storms that might be coming our way. hmm interesting... apparently he was also a tennis star in his former life.

Voters meeting went well last night. I didn't get to make my report until about the 3rd hour...so when I stood up I said, "I know right now you just want to go home, but if you can't get into what I'm saying, will you at least pretend like you're listening to me." or something of that sort. I think they did...listen that is.

And Currently I am sitting at the Panera freeloading on their hi speed internet...it's great. People watching is always fun. I'm too nosy.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

ahhhhh...Panera. I LOVE panera. Everytime I got there I think of you and the cinnamon crunch bagels. 3 hours of voters meeting...barf. Way to keep it humorous, sister!