Monday, November 07, 2005

Return of the Snaggletooth


I'm not trying to be mean but...

So you may remember a post from about a month ago when a friend of mine and I had gone to the Ruby Tuesday for a late dinner, and our waiter was a little bit more than friendly. I may have referred to him as snaggletooth because he has a chip on one of his teeth that seems to captivate my attention when he speaks. (It's a big chip)

Anyway well yesterday I was haning out with the aforementioned friend and her parents...We had just finished a 4 mile walk on a beautiful trail and enjoyed the nice fall weather. The parentals decided they wanted Ruby Tuesdays for dinner...so of course we went along too. What are the odds of being in a restaurant on a two different days, at two completely different times, sitting in two completely different sections and having the same unwanted attention from the same annoying, overly attentive waiter...of course when I say overly attentive I don't mean that he filled up our water glasses too many times...no no no...(please remember at this point that this is the man who's best line was, "Where did you move here from? Did your boyfriend come with you?" sheesh) So he comes to the table (despite our trying to ignore the fact that we did indeed recognize him) and he says,

"You ladies look familiar to me." to which we responded with blank stares...then he says,

"Why do you look familiar?" (this is riveting stuff ladies and gentelmen) and I say,

"Well, we eat here sometimes." His response to this is,

"Yes I've waited on you before, you were celebrating four days until your birthday." and I gave a very unenthusiastic,

"Yeah that's right, maybe it was five days to my birthday though." And his answer this time was,

"No it was four days to your birhtday because your birhtday was on a Monday, I remember."

ummm...yeah this man waited on me once, now twice, and could have told you what day of the week my birthday was on...I couldn't even have told you without really thinking about it what day my birthday was on...and I love my birthday...yeah...he was loving the Rachel...who knows, maybe snaggletooth from Ruby Tuesday is the love of my life....or not...my father would have been proud of the Dad on Duty though, he did his part to embarass the waiter with the comment, "yeah he doesn't remember us though" (insert sarcastic eye roll here) after his wife said, "We eat here alot too."

Ah well...what woman doesn't have to put up with a weirdo waiter from time to time. But the events of last evening remind me of how in 8th grade we got to do a Last Will and Testament of what we were leaving to the people in 7th grade...and I think this is a great tradition that we should get at various times in our life...like right now...I Rachel, do hereby leave Aubrey my beloved Snaggletooth. It's official...he's no longer mine...I have given him away.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Only You...only you Rachel.
I'm glad you've gotten rid of him. Maybe snaggletooth will be Aubrey's love of her life?

how sweet of you!