Saturday, November 12, 2005

Your eardrum may rupture...

Dr: "Your eardrum may rupture."

Me: "Are you serious?"

Dr: "Yeah there's a ton of pressure in there and it's really bulging."

Me: "Ah...yeah..um...that sounds painful."

Dr: "Of it is, but the pain will go away immediatly then."

silence....

Me: "So if my eardrum ruptures..."

Dr: "Oh you'll know, it'll ooze a bunch of blood and stuff."

silence....

Me: "So if my eardrum ruptures, what should I do?"

Dr: "They usually heal on their own, but if it doesn't you'll have to go to a ear nose and throat doctor and they'll do surgery."

Me: "Oh."

That's pretty much how the conversation went between me and the dr. this morning. A few posts ago I mentioned that I was feeling better...I may have been a little premature on that. Last night my ear decided to start feeling all clogged up, but being me, I self diagnosed myself and decided if I just slept on the other side of my head the fluid would drain back to a normal spot. No such luck. I was up most of the night in tears with ear pain...seriously considered going to the ER, but I didn't want to spend a fortune so I just toughed it out. This morning though I felt like my whole head was going to explode. By the grace of God there was a Dr.'s office open and I walked in...head stuffy, ear hurting, eyes goopy, and I looked at the lady behind the desk and started to cry. Yep, my big girl 25 year old self cried to the receptionist at the Dr.'s office and told her that I needed to see a dr. because most of the parts of my body above my neck were not working correctly and I was supposed to be taking JR. Highers horseback riding and singing in a concert later that night. As I was blubbering like a fool to her, she was so kind, handed me a box of kleenex and told me not to worry. Then the doctor saw me...told me I had a horrible ear infection (in the previously stated conversation) and gave me three prescriptions.

Needless to say the horseback riding didn't happen, and there was no way I would be able to sing in a concert. Today did not go exactly as planned. Thank God for Steve, Kim, Aubrey, Dayna and Lauren who equipped me with a heating pad, good movies and every other medication that might help besides what the doctor gave me! They were definitely an answer to prayer today.

I'm currently on about 6 medications. My head hurts, my ear is killing me and the right side of my head feels like it's going to explode. Tomorrow is Sunday, and a busy one for me. There are about 500 things that I should have done right now that I haven't even begun. I don't know if I'll even make it to church...Tomorrow I'm supposed to read, sing, pass out bags for our food drive, hand out bottles for something for the lutheran children and family services, teach high school bible study, give lesson plans to my SS teachers for next week, make sure the teachers for Sunday School tomorrow are set up...give materials to the lady who runs the pre-k sunday school and find batteries for someone who left them in my office. oh and have the new church info brochure ready for proofreading. oye.

But instead of doing all that. I'm going to bed. The world will keep on spinning it those things don't get done. I hope.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Rach.
That sounds awful.
I wish I could be there to play with your hair, make you soup and sing you to sleep!
I hope the medicine works fast!