Saturday, November 19, 2005

Slow Down...Hear His Voice

Well I am officially on day three of my conference. I could tell you so many things...I still love Jars of Clay and when they play they totally rock my face off, David Crowder is quickly becomming my favorite worship leader, hanging out with Dani and Lindsey is so great, my godson Noah is ADORABLE, Daryl Howard still rocks my face off, seeing Mark and Carrie and meeting their daughter is so fun, camp people still make me smile...and the list could go on and on. I think the most important thing though that's been going through my mind, and hitting home with me is, Slow Down...Here His Voice. It seems like all the sessions I go to and all the conversations I'm having are centering around that theme.

I tend to be the person that goes peddle to the metal and hits the ground running. I don't like to sit around. I like to be busy, and sometimes that can get a little unhealthy. I lose focus. Last night Doug Fields was speaking and was likened it to a train wreck that didn't need to happen, but did because the train was going to fast. Going the regular speed the train accomplishes its purpose and helps people, but a train that is going to fast derails and can cause injury or even death. I was thinking about that...slowing down. God is not glorified in my business. God doesn't ask for our business, he asks for our faithfulness, and so often my business causes me to not be tuned into God's voice

Anyway that's just one of my thoughts...I wish I had time to write more right now but my godson is laying next to me and being really stinking cute...so I'm gonna go play with him! I'm sure I'll share more later!

No comments: