Thursday, November 10, 2005

WAAAHHHOOOOO!!!!!!

I am feeling so much better today. Not like 100% better but so much better. I actually slept last night. I couldn't say the same thing for the couple days before, I was walking around like a zombie with permanent medicine head. I couldn't get away from it. But today is better, granted my nose is as red as Rudolph's right now, but hopefully that will return to normal as well.

I love Thursdays. Since, in theory, Friday is my day off Thursday always holds the feal that Friday used to hold. So tonight I feel like I could stay up all night and read a book if I wanted too (although given the all nighters I've already pulled this week I doubt I will do it just for the fun of it.) I know that tomorrow I can sleep in the morning and enjoy the wonderfulness of waking up without an alarm clock. ahhh.

Today was a great day at work. So many cool things happened. Isn't it fun when cool things happen. I had a great meeting with the man down at the Christian Associates building...it's the local food pantry/thrift shop/advocate for poor peope/everything else someone needs them to me...and it was great! We talked about the possibilities for our church linking up with them...follow up type stuff.

When I got back to the office I went into the pastor's office and said, "I am just totally jazzed about my job this week." And he looked up from his desk and gave me a rather peculiar look (this isn't unusual...he usually gives me a peculiar look, which makes me wonder if he doesn't understand what I'm saying or if he just thinks I'm crazy...the latter is probably more like it.) Anyway he then asked me if being jazzed was a good thing...and then I realized I had just used a phrase that I had never used before. hmm...wonder where that came from.

Anyway I'm getting ready for a potluck and then a voter's meeting. Voter's meetings here are actually tolerable. Sometimes they're even fun, although tonight is the budget one, so we'll see what happens! If people are gonna fight, it's usually over money (and carpet here)

ha...as I'm writing I was thinking of a song that came to my mind the other night when I was out with aubrey and her fam...my post has brought it back to mind because of my overuse of punctuation (that usually is in the wrong spot! what can I say I'm a grammatical nightmare) Anyway the song goes like this...

I love you period
Do you love me question mark
Please, please exclamation point
I want to hold you in parenthesis

I wonder if I could find that on itunes...

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Have a WONDERFUL day off tomorrow. Woo hoo for you, sister!

And happy voters meeting to you. I am not a huge fan myself, but mine are like yours...tolerable. I loved your post about the carpet, I was laughing outloud! Anxious to hear how it goes tonight. :)

Love you so....