Monday, November 14, 2005

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Most of you that know me, and if you're reading this chances are you know me pretty well, know that I hate just sitting around doing nothing. I'm working on my third day of nothing. I can't stand it. I hate it...There are so many things that I know I should be doing, and honestly want to be doing...but my body just won't let me. I don't feel good. All the medicine and illness is slowing me down. I'm not feeling better and having to lay around and not do anything is starting to frusrate me. I have a conference call tomorrow to help plan the Outreach Leadership Institute for this summer, and I wanted to be on top of my game, have great ideas, show everyone that I've come into my own as a DCO...I leave for a conference on Thursday, am I prepared for that...no.

I guess the good thing about being sick is that it forces you to slow down...let people worry about you for a change. I get to see that people can handle things without me...it's a good reality check.

so anyway...say a prayer that my antibiotics will start working and the pressure in my ear will go down before I get on a plane thursday morning. I'm really looking forward to this conference and spending time with Dani and Linds, and getting to see my adorable little godson and hanging with the Robeys...I really want to be better by then.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Man, I hope this gets better soon. I definitely don't want crabby rachel along (just kidding)...but man we know how bad you are at being sick. I am impressed that you've rested for 3 days that is amazing! I'm surprised your mom hasn't buzzed down to get ya OJ and pain meds.
But rachel if you still aren't feeling well in 3 days..I'll take care of you in Tennessee!

Rachel Ehrhard said...

That's why i love you linds...because you know I'm a complete baby when I'm sick, but you will still get me the sprite and crackers and play with my hair...I'm sure I'll be better by then...the meds are starting to kick in...PRAISE THE LORD!