Thursday, October 27, 2005

If I Had a Hammer...

I'd hammer in the morning...I'd hammer in the evening...or wait...NO I WOULDN'T. The past few days I have been up to my ears in work. This weekend I have three events right in a row, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and I have been working like nuts to get everything done. Today I was putting together a sign for our Halloween thing at Church this sunday and I got to use a circular saw (and surprisingly I still have all my fingers) and I hammered about 8 million nails. into the 2X4s. I'm not so good with a hammer, and it got to be quite a lot of work when it takes 25 swings of a hammer to drive one nail. I'm thinking maybe I wasn't meant for manual Labor. Anyway the signs are done and they look Fabulous, paint, glue, glitter...it's fabulous.

Some of my friends have pointed out that I haven't posted in a while. I have been super busy. I love those weeks at work where I hardly feel like I have time to sit down, let alone get on my computer and catch up on my "computer stuff"

My cousin had a baby yesterday. A little boy named Deven...He was only 5 pound and 14 ounces. I bet he's tiny, but cute.

I don't know if there is too much else interesting going on in my world. Mostly just getting ready for some stuff at church this weekend and then next week I can sit back and breathe again. I have put so much work into this community event that we are having here on Sunday night...I just really hope some people from the community actually show up. I'm getting kinda nervous about that part, but I guess we'll see. A lady here told me that if I get 300 peopel to show up they'll have a fireworks display for me....ha...I'd love to hold her to that, so if anyone wants to travel into my neck of the woods with, let's say, 50 of your closest friends, that'd be AWESOME! It's Sunday 4-8pm! Come one, Come All....

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

A fireworks display huh...let me know if that happens!
I sigh on your behalf, friend. I hear ya with those crazy weekends. I have some on the horizon too and I feel for you. With NYWC around the corner, I hope that you will be rejuvenated by that a bit and that you'll feel like you're given props for busting your butt. :) I am praying for you, sister, and hope that everything goes well this weekend. One of these days I'll update my own darn blog...I haven't been able to talk to Linds and learn how to do some of the things on the site...it'll come in time. :) LOVE You!!!

Lindsey said...

I'll come for the fireworks!
That sounds like a nutty weekend. But it also sounds like you! I can't wait to spend almost a week with you in Nashville...SOOOON!
FYI...we missed you yesterday at the Halloween Party!