Sunday, October 09, 2005

Branson and mamma and birthdays...Oh My!

Wow...so the past few days have been entertaining to say the least. On Friday a bunch of people from church took my out for dinner at this fabulous Greek restaurant in town (I can't believe we actually have a Greek restaurant.) That was fun and they made me feel sooo loved, and gave me a wonderful birthday present, and cake and singing...ooh and a manhattan...what more could a girl ask for!

After dinner I called my friend Aubs (as I am now referring to her!) We decided to check out this new martini bar that was in Branson. Wow...holy cow...this place was um..well interesting. There were 6 people in the bar including us and the bartender who spent most of the time we were there MIA. Everything was covered in animal print...even the bartender. The martini was not bad, but the atmosphere was leaving much to be desired, so we decided to blow that joint and hop on over to the Outback Pub. Actually this is probably the most normal hang out place that I have found in the Branson area...no glittery lights and syrupy country music. Anyway we ordered a beer and not 5 minutes after we entered the (very crowded) establishment we found a table sat down, and were "visited" by a very "well hydrated" individual who sat down right next to me. He had two friend with him and "driver friend" decided to leave the two drunk friends behind and the two drunk friends decided they were going to be best friends with me and Aubrey. It provided for some pretty decent entertainment...nothing like laughing at the drunk men from Terre Haute Indiana...did you know people from Terre Haute Indiana have southern accents. I thought that was funny. Ah well, we had a good laugh about our new friends for quite some time, and if you ever give me a call I can give the complete account, although you probably don't want to know.

My mom came on Saturday. I love my mom...I love hanging out with her! It's been so fun. When she got here we went shopping in Branson and did our best to find the best deals possible at the outlet malls. I feel like we were pretty victorious. Then we had a little escapade with trying to get some pizza for dinner...did you know that even on Saturday nights almost EVERTHING near me closes around 9...no kidding and apparently the people they have working at Pizza Hut aren't the sharpest tools in the shed...or at least the girl who was "helping" us. So we had a little bit of an interesting time...also a good story if you ever have time to listen to it...needless to say Mom made it all happen, and we totally ended up with some pizza (an hour and a half after we were supposed to get it...but we got it)

Today we went to Eureka Springs...mom and I had fun walking around and checking out the shops. We ate lunch at the haunted hotel...didn't see any ghosts...well if we saw any ghosts we just assumed they were people...nothing too spooky. I was a little disappointed. Anyway there was a folk festival going on. People playing music all over the place. It reminded me of walking around Minneapolis with Danielle once, bound and determined to find some live music. It was great.

and now I am exhausted. I stayed up to watch the cardinals play last night...woke up early for church and have been running around like a cray person. maybe I'm getting too old for this...I sure hope not. Tomorrow is the big day...tomorrow I turn 25. I'm going to get some beauty sleep...I have to start wrinkle prevention now...

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I LOVE YOU...
I SUCK and your present is still in my car...but soon my friend. soon. It will come during your BIRTHDAY week!!!!

I totally think you have a strange magnetism for freaks...anywhere you go they follow you!

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday RACHEL...YOU'RE 25. I wish I could be there to cook you a Birthday breakfast and sing to you over coffee. But alas...the miles seperate us still. Someday my friend!