Thursday, October 06, 2005



Just call me "Abby Normal"
So tonight I was trying to read this book that the local "Youth Group Leader Association" is reading. It's called Hurt. And I was reading and thinking of how weird I am when I read non-fiction type books. For some reason I feel like I have to soak up all the information and glean all the wisdom that I can from some random person's findings. It's like the Holy Grail is in there or something and I have to get it all figured out. I can't just enjoy the read and let the overall reading effect my worldview...I have to read and re-read every little bit to suck out all the good stuff. So it takes me from someone who usually reads very quickly to someone who reads very very slowly.

I wondered if that was normal...and then I thought it probably wasn't and it was just one more way that I am a little stranger than the next person. It's like in Young Frankenstein when they steal the brain, and they have these problems and the doctor asks Igor what brain he took and he said he took the one named, "Abby Normal" but really what it said was, "Abnormal" For some reason that always makes me laugh. Gotta love that movie.

Anyway...my brain isn't working well in general today...I'm tired, didn't feel like I got too much done today and I've been working straight since 9:30ish. So since I've put in almost a full 12 hours I guess it's time to go.

So for some reason this verse popped into my head today, maybe I needed to hear it, or maybe someone who's reading this needed to hear it but here it is...."But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." (That's 2 Corinthians 12:9)

Happy 4 days 'til my birthday....oh and GO CARDS!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I am reading "hurt" too. I went to the YS confrence last year and heard him speak. Interesting book...and Rach, I totally do the same thing. Start making notes in the margins, underlining, checking references, etc. I think it is college setting in. You're studying like you are going to be quizzed!

Lindsey said...

Great picture too!