Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Get up Baby...Get Up!
Is there anything better than listening to Mike Shannon call a baseball game? Ok...so I'll admit it. I'm a little bit of a baseball fan. Maybe I should rephrase that. I'm not as much a fan of baseball as I am a fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, and today as I was listening to Mike Shannon call the first game of the post-season on my office radio, I decided I was lucky to have been born a St. Louis Cardinals fan. There's just something extra exciting about Baseball in October. It's even more exciting when you hear Mike Shannon saying, "Get up baby, Get up!" into his microphone. Any self respecting redbird fan knows that when those words come out of Shannon's mouth, they're more than likely to be followed with the details of another Cardinal homerun. Today we were lucky enough to have the details of a Grand Slam. It just makes me smile. What a game...what a team...what a town. I think that's on a t-shirt somewhere and if it's not...it should be!

Today was filled with so many things I could ramble about...there's the cards game that I could probably talk about forever...the lady that took FOREVER to vaccum my 10ft by 10ft office...the post cards from my gypsy friends frolicking around Europe...the old people at the community choir rehearsal (yes I sing in the community chorus with a bunch of people in their "golden years")...or maybe the phone call to a friend I haven't talked to in forever, followed by a fabulous, over and hour long, phone conversation with Linds, at which point we both decided we were hopeless techie nerds who unfortunately don't really even know enough to be dangerous yet (*grin* thanks for the help linds!)

I guess it's a good day when you can think of a ton of stuff to write about...my life is full, and that's definitely something to be thankful about!

No comments: