Monday, October 03, 2005

I'm officially a Blogger!
What to write in your first ever blog...hmmmm...I don't even know if anyone will read this...except for maybe Linds! : ) But if you're here, WELCOME! I firgured since my "blog obsessed" friend had a page...maybe I would try it out as well...so here goes. It is exactly one week until my 25th birthday. Yep...I am fast approaching my quarter of a century mark. I promised myself I wouldn't freak out. Of course I find myself wondering if I will somehow become more responsible and adult-like (of course rental car agencies think this is the case because I will no longer have to pay the stupid under 25 penalty...which makes me VERY happy...not that rent cars all that often, but maybe my drivers insurance will go down!)

I find myself singing that Peter Pan song to myself...you know when the little boys sing, "I won't grow up. I won't grow up." Unfortunately I'm just avoiding the inevitable. Maybe growing up isn't so bad. I mean I do have my own sweet action duplex, granted I rent it, and my own car that no one had to co-sign on, and I finally figured out how to responsibly pay all my bills on time and eliminate the debt that I so wonderfully accumulated during my college spending days.
Tonight I sat at dinner with a boy that I have known as long as I can remember and we celebrated his 25th birthday...he survived the ordeal and he still has the ability to joke about silly stupid crap...so maybe, just maybe, I will be ok too!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You will survive!
I hope so at least. Earth will be much less interesting if you keel over!