Thursday, October 13, 2005

How Cute Is...

I'm sending a big thank you out to Todd and Sarah for pointing out my proclivity for using the term, "How Cute Is..." Do you ever just start using a phrase? Maybe you heard a friend say it, maybe you read it in a book, or maybe you just made it up. Well I think it's pretty normal for people to add new phrases to their vocabulary but usually they quit using them after a while and end up with something even more current and hip. Well I am definitely the kind of person who starts adding phrases to their vocabulary...I however am not usually the type of person to stop using them, so I have become the "old" person I used to make fun of...you know the one using vocabulary circa 1953 that just doesn't seem to connect or have the same "cool" factor. Like the phrase, "Peace Out." (thank you Riverside Lutheran Bible Camp) Most people have stopped using this phrase...me? Nope, I still use it. Then there's the phrase, "You Rock My Face Off." Thanks to Danielle Tietjen nee Waller, I can not stop using this phrase (usually to people staring at me wondering what the heck I'm talking about.) Then there's the phrase, "For fun" that I've stolen from my friend Lindsey, although I don't know that I've mastered the usage because it usually makes people think I'm asking them a question instead making a statement. Then there is my usage of the terms, "Seriously People." and "How cute is..." and starting every story with, "So..." maybe I'm a freak of nature...but that's why y'all love me right!!! : )

But seriously people, how cute is it that I have all of these random sayings??? So...the fact that you all are my friends totally rocks my face off...ahhh...For fun, I just used all of my weird sayings, so now I'm peacing out!

p.s...maybe this post proves the reason why it was so easy to sit in front of the youth group last night and tell them how uncool I am!!!! Going to see Relient K and MXPX tonight...should be fun.

No comments: