Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Things I Love

I almost wore all black today. The Cardinals lost last night...but it doesn't change the fact that I still think they are the best team in baseball. I still feel very lucky to have been born a cardinals fan! I realized last night that I might be slightly obsessed with the game when I was sitting in the church at choir with my little walkman radio and headphones. Singing alto and listening to a game at the same time did prove to create a small challenge for me, but I was up to it! Anyway there's always next year. (oh no I'm starting to sound like a Cubs fan...ack)

I was also talking with a good friend yesterday who has recently moved (yeah you know who you are) and I wanted to send a little shout out to her, and give her a smile. So I have written a little poem. and this is how is goes.

Ode to the O-G
Toasted Rav-io-li days, have seem to come and go
You've moved on to a new state now, and being lonely blows.
The Nordstrom Girl, MAC cosmetics and shoes give comfort where friends are few,
Don't worry though, or shed a tear, because the ghetto misses you!
Oh, O-G I wish you weren't so far away, now that I'm closer to home
Someday I'll see in you in the state of sequins and hair and we'll be free to roam
New business clothes and job interviews, you're looking for success
I'll always know, the truth of our friendship, TT and you the SS
Well..got lots of work today. I'm thinking of painting my house this weekend. Well at least one room. I dont' know if I'll get around to it, or if I'm even allowed...still gotta talk to Larry the Landlord.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

do it!!!

Lindsey said...

ok...rachel this is going to sound selfish...but I want a poem too...
ha ha ha ha

ok. I love you!