Thursday, February 02, 2006

Pure Joy!

My computer is fixed. (and yes I am that attached to my machine that having it fixed can create a feeling of pure joy in my life!) After trying everything I could try, and trying it again I gave in a took the silly computer in. This morning I dropped it off with my favorite techies. I thought I'd be without for a couple days.

Two hours later the phone rings and the computer is fixed and ready to be picked up. So I gladly grab my keys and make the drive to pick up my machine. When I got there I asked the guy what was wrong with it. He said he wasn't sure because all they had to do was restart the machine. He asked me when the last time I had done that was...I reminded him that we had done it at least twice when I was in the shop yesterday and informed him of the 5 or 6 times I had done it later in the night hoping to see a change. He shrugged his shoulders and gave me the bag.

So I'm giving myself the credit for this one...all of the virus scan and spyware detectors that I ran last night must have given them the hands up that they needed to finish the job...kind of like opening a jar. You know the ones that you get that are really hard to open and you try and try until you finally give up and hand it over to the person standing in the kitchen with you and after they barely touch a finger to it, it pops open and you respond with the inevitable "I loosened it for you!" I like to think that's what I did for the computer guys. I think they knew it too...because they didn't charge me. And that my friends is a beautiful thing!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Isn't it frustrating when you've done everything you can think of and all he had to do was re-start it. ARRRRGGGGHHHH. It is like my car. The car people always ask me if I've turned the key all the way.
NO...I spontaneously forgot how to turn on my car. oye.

Ingrid said...

Yeah...I had a similar computer thing. After considering a new one (i was pretty excited) I finally took it to the geek squad and they said nothing was wrong.

I have to buy new memory for mine and I hear I'll be blown away by how fast it will work once installed.

So glad you helped the techies and your computer is fixed. :)