Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I give...


So today my computer decided to start doing something freakishly weird. The only website it won't let me in to is my gmail account. I can get into my gmail...just not on my machine. I tried running a virus scan and everything came up clean. Then I thought maybe I had some cookies that were clogging things up so I went in and cleaned up all my disk space. I condensed my files...I defragged the computer. I downloaded 3 spyware programs. And all of this has helped me none. I decided it was time to call in the big guns so I called up to the local computer store where I got my computer. They tried to tell me over the phone to do all of these things that I had already done...so they told me to come on up. Of course when I drove up towards the building there were about 6 police cars, a fire truck...and an ambulance. Apparently there had been an accident and I wasn't even able to get into the parking lot...so I had to drive around for 30 minutes...only to get to the computer store and sit there for an hour while they tried to figure out what was wrong. Unfortunately they still don't know what the problem is, so I have to drop off the machine for them tomorrow...which means money. I'm not feeling so excited about that. But we'll see. So if anyone has had just one internet site not open on your computer and you have words of wisdom for me so I don't have to spend money tomorrow...I would really appreciate it. I've done all I can do.

3 comments:

Rachel Ehrhard said...

hmmm...as attempting as buying a mac sounds, I'm pretty sure that sticker price is going to be higher than just having the computer guy look at the one I have : )

I looked through my security settings but it's not totally impossible that I missed something.

melthedce said...

i love that you are a freak show and so proud of it!! I love that you are you. I miss you! oh and I totally think a father daughter trip would be awesome... if not maybe a whole family! YEA!!!!!

Rachel Ehrhard said...

Oh man...whole family Branson trip...that would be fun! : )

you gotta learn to embrace the freak show...that's what I tell everyone!

love you too!