Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Frustration...

I hate when people clearly see that you are frustrated and say, "don't let this frustrate you." Um...ok.

I don't really know what else to say. I felt like blogging a couple seconds ago, and now as I sit at my computer I'm not feeling it quite as much.

The moral of this story is that I am frustrated. Slightly discouraged even. The problem is that when I get this way it's hard to focus on other things because I dwell on fixing the thing that's frustrating me. Am I weird? I sometimes wish I was the type of person who could just let things go and move on...but I'm not. My friend Rachel commented on something that I wrote and said that she was glad that I had these moments because it means that I have compassion...my father once said that maybe it was good that I got upset about some of these things because it means that I was still passionate about what I do. Maybe they're right...or maybe I just haven't formed the thick skin that I need for my job.

Last night at bible study my prayer request was for patience. Maybe this is God's way of teaching me patience. Would it be bad to tell someone, "You are God's way of teaching me patience." That's probably not the best way to approach the situation. Sometimes though I just want to tell people, "your mother would tell you you're being ridiculous right now." I realize that these probably aren't the best thoughts to put out there into the blogging world...anyone and everyone could read them...and my mom will probably call me and tell me I'm being ridiculous when she reads this...but it's just me, and what i'm feeling right now. I love people, and I want to lead them to jesus, but it's hard when situations make it hard for me to love them...Iguess that's when we realize it's time to step aside and let God do the work.

No comments: