Tuesday, May 02, 2006

2nd night...

This is the second night in a row that I haven't been able to sleep. I'm not exactly sure what my deal is. I know I am tired. I can feel it...but when I lay down...restlessness sets in.

It could be the 6 gazillion things I have going on in my world this month. I might be a tiny bit stressed out about this community service project I am planning for a bunch of area churches...it might be the antimalarial medicine rearing it's ugly head. Maybe my body has just decided that insomnia would be a cool thing for it...I don't know. I just want to go to sleep and I can't.

I made myself a glass of stress relief tea. My roommates have so many teas with natural herbs in them. The one I am drinking now is chamomile and lavendar. It's supposed to calm my restlessness and relieve my stress. Do we really think this is possible. I don't know. I've never been much into herbal anything but I'm ready to give it a whirl. Turns out it actually tastes pretty good...a mixture between bit-o-honey and chewing on one of those mint toothpicks. That might seem like a weird combo, but when you put it in a cup of tea, it's actually pretty decent.

I just hope it makes me sleep and lets me get some rest. There's a lot that needs to happen tomorrow...and nobody like a crabby Rachel.

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Oh sister!
Yikes! I hate that lack of sleep thing. I can definitely relate with your blog and I am sorry that you're dealing with sleepless nights...no fun! Praying that you can get some sleep and that all that is keeping you up is handled in time. Enjoy that tea, sister!

Lindsey said...

How are you sleeping these days?
I have not been sleeping well...mostly cause I don't go to bed till late and the mornings are early...so mostly it is my own darn fault! :)
I get to see you in 2 days.