Thursday, March 09, 2006

Can't help it...I love it

I don't know what it is about Jane Austen...but I do love her writing. I sometimes wish my favorite author was someone that would cause my friends to hold me in high esteem. For instance, maybe I could be a person who could discuss C.S. Lewis with the greatest of theologians and "church talkers." Or maybe I could talk about someone like Mike Yaconelli and all my youth leader friends would find me cool. I could say Poe, or Shakespeare and sound cool.

But for me...it's always Jane Austen. I don't care if I'm reading a novel of hers for the 1st or 100th time, I still can't put it down. It grips me. I love it...and afterwards life seems more beautiful. (lindsey...you may be the only person who understands this!)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love that you love Jane as much as me! And I totally get to see you this weekend!!! THAT MAKES ME HAPPY!