Thursday, August 30, 2007

Only because I really want to out-do Ingrid...

Is out-do hyphenated? I don't know.

I'm not sure that I have anything altogether blog worthy to write about, but since my dear friend Ingrid commented on my renewed zeal for blogging, I thought I would toss out another entry.

Yesterday I had my teeth cleaned. (See I told you it wasn't interesting) It's been two years. I admit that I have neglected my dental health, not because I'm afraid of the dentist, or I don't like going. Quite the contrary! I love the Dentist. I love the feeling of freshly polished teeth, minus the gritty mint stuff that always leaves my mouth feeling like I've spent a day at the beach. Yesterday I was told that I have my first real cavity. I have to get a filling. I'm not sure that it's such a big deal, but I have two weeks to talk myself into being afraid of the drill! I hadn't gone to the Dentist in two years because I find it extremely tedious and annoying to find new doctors. Several people suggested this particular office and after being there I can see why. The perfectly worn leather couches in the waiting area were nice. I wanted to grab a cup of coffee and sit there and read all day...I probably would have if I could have thought of a way to escape the lectures from the hygienist about how drinking coffee stains your teeth. The music was completely relaxing, and to top things off, my patient room had floor to ceiling windows that looked out over the non-developed side of Branson (which really is quite beautiful) and I got to watch wild turkeys roam. All in all, it was pretty relaxing! And it made me excited for Thanksgiving! : )

In other news...I'm reading a new book, thanks to Lindsey's suggestion. It's called Chasing Daylight, and so far I am captivated....I'll let you know how it turns out.

Now I'm off to stain my newly polished teeth with a big cup o joe. YAY!

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

You win! Bravo competitive sister. :D And by the way...funny blog to me because the last time I went to the dentist, I was praised for flossing, but chewed out for drinking "too much" coffee...bah! Forget them.

Unknown said...

Ingrid...same thing for me...they were excited that I floss and they definitely gave me a bit of a lecture on the coffee thing. But seriously...i have but one life to live...I'm gonna drink coffee!

love you : )