Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Time Has Come...

Well, I have my computer back, and apparently it's all fixed. Things have been busy...but that's neither nere nor there...the point is that I have a story to share.

Yesterday I chased a mouse out of church. As I was re-wireing a speaker (yes you heard me correctly, I was re-wireing a speaker that I finally moved from my office to the nursery because no one had gotten around to it a year and a half later) I asked Judy, the ever willing secretray, to go out to the shed to get some wire nuts (or whatever they're called) and as she walked down the hallway she began screaming bloody murder. Well it wasn't exactly bloody murder and that might be a bit of an exageration but for the purposes of our story we'll go with that...exageration sometimes makes the story better right??? I jumped off the ladder to ask what was wrong. She said there was a "critter" down there. By the sounds of her screams I was thinking it was going to be a huge animal...but no. It was a mouse...a teenie tiny little mouse that looked more scared than we did. So I decided to free it. Due to an extensive amount of mouse hunting that I did when we lived in the ghetto house on Dayton, I knew exactly how to handle this situation, so I blocked all point of exit except one, and I ever so carefully inched my way towards the mouse, hoping to not scare it. Then I went toward the handle to open the door. Of course the stupid little thing wouldn't go outside like it was supposed to so I had to shoo it out with a broom...but I have once again kept the church safe from the random animals that often get inside....and I totally put a new socket in a wall. I'm pretty stinking amazing.

Also last night I had a dream that I went on a date with Mr. Big from Sex in the City. I'm not sure what that was all about but I was also in Minneapolis and it was Lindsey's birthday. For her birther I got 2 dozen green balloons and I had to carry them through the streets, but it was windy and they all kept blowing away...and by the time I got there (after my date with Big) I only had one balloon...but she was still excited...so Lindsey, thanks for being the kind of friend that in my dreams is still kind to me when I lose 23/24ths of your birthday present.

That's all for now folks.

3 comments:

greigfam5 said...

You're back! Finally !! I now have a reason to go on living!!! Since as you know I live vicariously through you and your wonderful adventurous life!! Luv ya!!!

Rachel Ehrhard said...

and I love you!

Ingrid said...

Oh my gosh...this is one of the greatest blogs ever (at least for a former dayton resident). God bless the mice, you go, sister. I told thought of you this yesterday when I experienced some "ghetto fabulous" Wednesday attire..that's all about that. ;)
Anyway, glad you're blogging again, I missed you and your amazing humor!