Monday, February 05, 2007

I'm a baller...

I posted this on my myspace, but I wanted to put it here, because I thought it was pretty funny...

On Mondays I have Bible study at the junior high school with a group of girls. Today one of the girls I had to take home wandered into the gym where some kids were playing basketball, so I joined in with them. I shot a couple shots and made them and this little girl looks up at me and says, "Wow...you should play on our team" and I said, "I think I'm a little old for that." Then she said, "Well you should play on the high school team." And I said, "I think I'm a little old for that too." She looked at me looking all confused and said, "How old are you?" and I told her I was 26....she looked at me and says, "You totally look 19." Ha....only a 12 year old would think I was good at basketball...I loved it. And I'm pretty sure 19 is too old to play on the high school basketball team too. I did get to whip up on some kids that were trying to show off though.
So there you have it...Rachel's my name, and schooling little kids on the basketball court is my game.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

So I tried to run and be cool like you...I nearly passed out today. I was zooming towards a mile, felt a little parched and decided to Pause and take a water break. When I put my feet on the side (non conveyor belt area) I really thought I was going to pass out. strange feeling. I just kept telling myself "breathe, breathe, breathe"...I am so not a runner.

Becky O'Hara said...

Rach.... I miss you much. I've seen what looks like a cool little martini bar here in Ann Arbor. I need you to come check it out with me. Well, that and I need you. I have problems that only you would understand (well, you and Kim). I miss you girl!