Thursday, July 20, 2006

Frustration of the Day...

I can't ecxactly pinpoint it, but for some reason I am just frustrated today. I am sitting at my desk, with my happy mood lamps on, actually accomplishing things, and yet I feel extremely frustrated. I can't tell you exactly why it is either.

Today is my dad's birthday and I am going to St. Louis this evening to see him for the special occasion, but it's only 1:30, and I want to leave now...unfortunately there is work that I should probably keep working on for a bit more before I hop in the car. The idea of driving for 4 hours isn't too terribly exciting to me, but I suppose it'll be good to clear my head.

I think most of my frustration is stemming from ministry type stuff at this time. There are so many things that I want to do and I want to see happen, but I am at the point at the new church where I'm no longer new and people aren't going to do things just because they want to do things for me, and I don't know how to help them capture my heart, God's heart, for the people in our community. I guess it's just one of those things that take time. I've always felt like I was one of those people that had an excitement about the things I care about that seems to be contagious to those around me...but I don't know if that's the case anymore...or at least where I'm at. I guess it's just time for me to be more intentional about sitting down with people and sharing my life, and my heart with them.

I just wish people saw that church and their relationship with God and the body of Christ is so much more than going through the motions on Sunday morning.

ok...enough of me jabbering on about frustration. Chin up...

I'm off to work...and then STL.

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

Oh beautiful friend, chin up indeed! I hope the drive has been good and time at home has been even better. Good on ya for driving to see your dad...seeing my dad (who loves you)always makes me feel better.

You are a girl whose passions and energy are congatious, however, most folks don't move at the speed of light like you, me, linds, laura, dani, etc. I seriously think a room with all of us in it would implode...eek!

I know you're doing the right things in ministry and that God is at work, whether it feels like it or not. I pray that God gives you the boost you need to press on and work through frustration. You're totally normal...we all have these moments, and I heartily believe that He will see you through. Love you, dear friend, dco, and sister in Christ! Enjoy STL!!!

Lindsey said...

I hope that the frustration has dissipated as you spend time with your family. I know it was a crazy weekend for you...

I love you friend!

Rachel Ehrhard said...

You girls are amazing...I love that you're my friends.