Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I haven't been in the mood...

I just haven't been in the mood to write lately. That's strange for me. Usually I can sit down and write about almost anything. It's easy for me. But lately the words don't seem to come. It's not that there hasn't been anything going on in my life. I have been pretty busy since I got back from Haiti. There's lots to be done with work, and it's summer and that means more people want to go play!

I've had some pretty crazy moments in the past week that would be worth recounting here, but the thing I think I am going to talk about right now is NPR.

I am a complete NPR junkie. I listen to it whenever I am in the car...unless other people are with me who can't tolerate talk radio. When NPR is on one of it's music times and I'm not feeling the classical, I usually turn the station to the Jim Rome show. I don't know what it is about Talk Radio...but it's definitely something I am into. I find this funny because my father used to listen to talk radio all the time and when he would pick me up from school or practice or something I would always be upset that he was listening to talk radio. I found it so boring back in the day. I think I will have to give credit to Keith Williams, my ceramics professor in college for reintroducing NPR into my life. It was always on in the clay studio and I learned to love listening to the news of the day, and interviews of random people.

Anyway I guess all I'm saying is that if you don't already listen to NPR...you should give it a try. You just might like it.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Oh Rach...I have missed your posts! NPR huh...I didn't know that about you. Perhaps I will have to give it a try myself...it's not relly my thing (surprise, surprise) but heck, if you listen to it, I could try again. Glad to see the update, dear, I've missed your writing but understand the break. :) Love yoU!