Wednesday, April 19, 2006

When it's been so long...

It's hard to decide what to write about when it's been so long since I last wrote.

I'd like to report on two of my favorite things that I've seen in the Ozarks in the past week. I must say, I think you see things here that you wouldn't see a whole lot of places. Last weekend my family came to visit (it being Easter and all) and we went out to dinner. As I was sitting at the table with Heidi, the parents, grandparents and roommates, my friend drew my attention the shoes on the man who apparently owned the place. I'm usually a fan of unique shoes...but these bad boys were kind of scary. He had snake skin cowboy boots. At the toe of the boot there was a rattle snake head on each side. I wasn't aware that you would even buy things like that. I think I would be afraid my shoes would bite me.

And then yesterday as I was driving into Branson I was passed by someone on a motorcyle that was carrying one of those big celophane wrapped easter baskets in front of them...I don't know about you but I think that would be a little bit of a sight hinderance.

I've been so busy with everything leading up to Easter. Now it's past, and I'm enjoying a little bit of relaxation. I'm learning that it is good to stop and rest every now and again.

I hope you all had a great Easter! Nothing like a celebration of Jesus to remind you of what it means to be freed and forgiven.

No comments: