Thursday, April 06, 2006

Am I Artsy...

Right now I am feeling like my most artistic version of myself. I am sitting in my office looking out the window at the pouring down rain, lightning and wind. My outfit is pretty amazing...camo sweat pants, pink t-shirt with crawfish on it that reads, "Mud Bug 89, New Orleans" and my blue orange and white silk paisly scarf tied around my extremely messy pony-tail.

I've just come up from the shed at church where I've been painting. I'm making big signs for an Easter Community Event we are having next week. I have huge pieces of wood and a bunch of paint, so I'm putting my creative juices to work and making something beautiful and attention grabbing out of something old and plain.

I feel artsy.

It reminds me of the days when my friends and I would hang out and work in the clay studio, lisntening to music and talking about things that we really didn't know about. We were dirty. We were in old dingy clothes, but somehow those are the moments when I felt most creative.

I feel creative now...and it's fun.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Maybe it is the dirt on us that makes us want to create things...like God did with Adam. I think dirt is inherently creative!