Thursday, May 15, 2008

To be slandered...

The new pastor of our congregation came to visit the church last weekend and tonight I heard through the grapevine that someone went up to him and told him that I was trouble and that someone should do something about me. He had to ask someone if there was a problem with me and my position at the church.

I'm upset that someone lied about me. I'm upset that someone tried to ruin my reputation with him. I'm upset that he even had to think for a second about having problems working with me.

I know I'm a bit of a handful. I know I have opinions about how things should happen sometimes...but I'm also willing to acknowledge my faults and the places where I've messed up. The combination of these things usually make me fairly easy to get along with but for some reason there is someone in my congregation who seems determined to spread false reports about me to my new colleague.

Luckily there was someone at my church who stuck for me and told the new pastor that I am a hard worker and am doing my best as a DCO. I'm grateful that someone spoke up on my behalf. It's nice to have people on your side.

end rant---

No comments: