Friday, April 11, 2008

We Have to do something....


If you've been following the news you may know that people in Haiti are rioting over the quick and high rise in food prices. Many people are unable to afford food.

People are literally starving.

We have to do something.

I wish I had a plan...a great plan to ask you all to join me in. At this point I don't. I was supposed to travel to Haiti tomorrow but because of the unrest we are unable to go.

If you want to know more, go to google and type in haiti...check the news links. There are tons of articles. If you want to help, here are some options that I know of right now. I'll let you know when I come up with more.

www.compassion.com
You can sponsor a child in haiti (there's a link on the side of my blog)

www.haitimissionproject.org
You can check on the website and see how to donate. This is the organization that I am most affiliated with. We'll make sure the money goes to help feed people if that's what you want to do with it.

www.kiva.org
You can help with microfinancing...not in haiti, but in other countries, and possibly keep them from being in the same situation.


There are more...I'll let you know. Please stand with me. Today I had three meals...and a snack. I am well fed as I get ready for bed...odds are you might be too. Tonight there are people who feel as if their stomach is being eaten by battery acid (that's how some haitians explain the feeling) and it's because they cannot afford the food. Please help if you can.

1 comment:

melthedce said...

I am so sorry you aren't able to go to haiti right now. it makes me sad for you because I know of your passion and their great need for you and the people in your group. i'm praying for you my pine tree loving friend. xoxoxox lisser